Littelfuse Launches NEMA-style Surge Protective Device (SPDN) Series
SPDN devices provide equipment protection from transient overvoltage events lasting micro-seconds
Littelfuse, Inc., (NASDAQ: LFUS), a diversified, industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, has launched its NEMA-style Surge Protective Device (SPDN) series to safeguard equipment from transient overvoltage events lasting micro-seconds and help mitigate costly damage and downtime. Its small package, with more direct modes of protection, makes it ideal for places with limited space. The external panel mount is available for 120V to 480V nominal voltage sub-distribution board applications in construction, food and beverage, HVAC/R, oil and gas, light industrial and water/wastewater industries.
“The SPDN surge protection devices include more direct modes of protection such as line to neutral, line to ground, and neutral to ground depending on product selection,” stated Augusto Sanchez, Littelfuse Industrial Business Product Manager. “With more direct modes of protection in a compact footprint, the SPDN optimizes space and delivers cost efficiencies enhancing panel design flexibility.”
The SPDN series (SPDN-A, SPDN-B, SPDN-C and SPDN-D) product features include:
- More direct modes of protection in a smaller package, increasing protection and design flexibility
- UL 1283 filtering helps mitigate effects on power supplies by decreasing zero crossings during ringing transients to prevent interference on performance or unsafe conditions (SPDN-A only)
- Capability to clamp and withstand high-energy transients ensures low-residual voltage during high-energy events and higher nominal discharge current to prevent disruption, downtime and degradation or damage to equipment
- Stacked Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) design provides more high-transient voltage protection in a compact, multi-layered structure
- Installation on the line or load side of the circuit breaker to simplify maintenance by turning breaker off during upkeep (SPDN-A installs on the load side only)
- Thermally protected MOV eliminates catastrophic failure
- External LED indicator quickly identifies service requirements to avoid loss of protection
- Compact footprint offers easy retrofit in existing applications where space is limited
For more information visit: Littelfuse.com/SPDN
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!