Position Available – Industrial Electric Estimator (Houston, TX)
Industrial Electric Estimator (Houston, TX)
- Interpret customer RFQs for construction projects and E&C applications to include pumping stations, metering stations, compressor stations, process facilities, E-Houses, switch gear line-ups, mobile substations, VFD buildings, switch houses, and skids
- Upon review of RFQ, prepare and questions in regards to missing information on prints, details, SOW, and specifications
- Prepare competitive electrical estimates for projects
- Select components and materials for the quotation, and pursue supplier pricing and delivery times
- Coordinate activities with other departments that contribute to the estimating process
- Mentor and instruct junior estimators in the proper methods and procedures of estimating and project administration
- Interface with customers and contractors during pre- and post-tender applications to develop effective business relationships
- Conduct cost analysis though-out all phases of project, up to and including final completion
- Participate and support marketing team in development of cost estimation and quotation tools, processes and knowledge sharing
- Provide technical support to the marketing team
- Create schedules and develop and maintain efficient procedures for the successful execution of projects
- Maintain and control distribution of all project documents and records
- Journeyman electrician with 2+ years estimating experience or estimator with 3+ years previous electrical estimating experience
- Prior experience in sales, project management, and purchasing is preferred.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly
- Thrives well in a busy, deadline oriented environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Knowledge of the NEC code book is required
- Previous estimating and/or project management experience with a technical background in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications quickly and accurately
- Thorough understanding and ability to develop and complete cost estimates based on engineering documentation, specifications and drawings as well as construction, risk evaluation and material ake-off techniques
- Solid understanding and ability to use MS Excel software and a working knowledge of MS Office software and scheduling software (e.g. MS Project)
- Excellent communicator and negotiator, able to express ideas clearly and enthusiastically
- Dependent on experience and work history
- Benefits include health, dental, life, disability, and employer-matched 401k
- Relocation available
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!