· Always keep generators at least 20 feet away from your home
· Never operate a generator in an enclosed space
· Make sure the generator has 3-4 feet of clear space above and on all sides for proper ventilation
· Always use grounded cords and inspect cords for damage prior to use
· Use the proper cord for the wattage being used
· Always use GFCI protection
· Transfer switches are the only way to safely power your home’s electrical system
· Transfer switches allow you to choose between utility power or backup generator power
· Using transfer switches prevents backfeeding
Carbon Monoxide (CO)
· Make sure your home has CO alarms outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home
· CO can kill in as little as five minutes
· If you experience CO poisoning symptoms, get fresh air, do not reenter areas, and call 911
Share on Socials!
Construction Innovations LLC Receives International NOVA Award For Bolt Star® Reusable Bolt Template
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!