Vault Blowers and Accessories
California Turbo manufactures a wide range of utility vault blowers. Blowers are available to provide either positive or negative pressure in vaults.
Swingout model blowers provide positive pressure. Our Legacy blowers can be configured to provide negative pressure.
Building Vault Ventilation
- Three propeller sizes: 12″, 18″, 24″ (20″, 24″ and 30″ wall openings)
- Single speed or Two-speed, 1/4 HP,115VAC 60HZ, drip proof motor is standard. Other motors available
- CFM from 890 to 3100, depending on fan speed and propeller size
- Heavy duty construction designed for quiet and continuous operation
- Completely assembled with 2 speed switch, thermostat and 4′ cord and plug
- Adjustable thermostat is factory set to turn on at 90°F and off at 70°F
- Fan guard conforms to OSHA specifications
- Easy installation with eight bolts directly to wall
Building Vault Fans are delivered completely assembled, including a 2-speed switch, adjustable thermostat and 4 foot cord with grounded plug. • Fan bodies constructed of 14 gage welded steel, powder coated for durability. Venturi is mill galvanized.
- Motors are 1/4 HP, 115 V, single phase, drip proof construction, two-speed. Single speed and other voltages are available.
- Zinc-plated fan guard.
- Building Vault Fan, as shown, blows air into the vault to provide positive pressure. A reverse configuration is available to exhaust air from the vault, providing negative pressure.
Fans are used for forced ventilation in transformer vaults to remove transformer heat loss. Fans are selected based on transformer size and transformer efficiency. Heat loss through the walls and floor is usually about 10 to 20% of the transformer heat loss.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!