Utility Series ROCK RIPPER® Auger
All aspects of the Utility Series Rock Ripper® have been improved with the new design. Considerable attention has been paid in order to improve drilling rates and reduce vibration. The redesigned progressive-style Rock Ripper® allows the auger to “bite” into the rock which reduces the vibration while it increases drilling production.
The distinct attack angles paired with the STRATA™ series SR-76SW carbide drilling grade teeth are designed to cut through the rock, not grind it. The Utility Series Rock Ripper® is the auger to use for your utility rock drilling projects.
HOW SELECT YOUR MD AUGER
STEP 1 SELECT HUB SIZE
2 1/2″ and 2 5/8″ Hex, 2″ and 2 1/4″ Square
STEP 2 SELECT OVERALL LENGTH
104″ is Standard; 102″ and 88″ available
STEP 3 SELECT FLIGHT THICKNESS
5/16″ is Standard; 3/8″ and 1/2″ available
STEP 4 SELECT FLIGHT LENGTH
60″ is Standard; 52″, 40″, and 36″ available
STEP 5 SELECT PILOT AND TEETH
- OPTION 1 Typical Dirt Applications
1851 Teeth & 1652 Gage with FH205 Pilot
- OPTION 2 Dirt Application
1851 Teeth & 1652 Gage with P-1650 Pilot
- OPTION 3 High Abrasion, Frozen Soil, Low Impact Applications Carbide Teeth & Pilot
1656 Teeth & 1658 Gage with FH205C Pilot
- OPTION 4 High Abrasion, Frozen Soil, Low Impact Applications Carbide Teeth & Pilot
1656 Teeth & 1658 Gage with P-1656 Pilot
- OPTION 5 Dirt with TriFlow Pilot Carbide Teeth & Tungsten Carbide Drill Head
1656 Teeth & 1658 Gage with TF-600
- OPTION 6 Fracturable Rock Applications
Bolt-on Shank Plates with Bullet Teeth and RCP Pilot
The Pengo® Pressure Digger augers. The cast heat treated head provides superior wear and performance compared to normal fabricated augers. In addition the cast head is field repairable with standard welding techniques, utilizing low hydrogen welding rods and no pre or post heating requirement.
These rugged augers feature a 30″ overall length with a 1 1/2″ thick lead flight followed by a 1″ thick formed trailing flight.
PH: 800.599.0211 OR 712.845.2540 | FX: 712.845.2497 | www.pengoattachments.com
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!
ST800: 800amp Service Tester
1. Test Integrity of Secondary Service
2. Identify Secondary Cables
3. Identify Feed In and Feed Out at Padmount
4. Identify Energized and De-Energized Cables