TECK90 – Copper Conductor
Northern Cables Inc.’s TECK90 is an interlocked armoured cable for use in petro-chemical, pulp and paper, and other industrial application environments. TECK90 can be used in open and concealed wiring, direct burial, and in hazardous locations.
The insulated conductors are made with cross-linked polyethylene and twisted with an uninsulated ground wire. The twisted core is covered with a PVC jacket, then covered with either interlocked aluminum or galvanized steel, and covered with a PVC jacket over the armour.
TECK90 is manufactured to CSA C22.2#131 and CSA C22.2 #174 to allow it to meet the certain CSA tests including; flame test FT4,-40C cold temperature impact test, low acid gas and sunlight resistance.
TECK90 is available in 600 and 1000-volt constructions from #14 to 750 kcmil. Cables can be manufactured up to 50 conductors. Custom cables are available upon request including composites, vertical riser, and coloured jackets.
- CSA C22.2 No. 131
- -40 C to +90 C
- Sunlight Resistance
- Direct Burial
14 AWG. round concentric lay class “B” stranded copper
Cross-linked Polyethylene (XLPE) Type RW90
2 Conductor: black, white
3 Conductor: black, red, blue
4 Conductor: black, red, blue, white
5 – 50 Conductor: black with printed number code
Bonding Conductor (Ground):
One (1) bare stranded class “B” copper conductor
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), black
Aluminum interlocked armour
Low acid gas, flame-retardant, moisture and
sunlight resistant Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), black
NORTHERN CABLES™ #/C SIZE (AWG OR KCMIL) TECK90 XLPE 600V HL FT4 (-40C) SUN RES AG14 CSA, METRE MARK
- For concealed wiring in dry or wet locations
- For exposed wiring in dry or wet locations
- For exposed and wiring in dry, locations where subjected to corrosive action if suitable for corrosive conditions encountered
- For exposed wiring where subjected to the weather
- For use in ventilated, Non-ventilated and ladder-type cable trays in dry or wet locations
- For direct earth burial (with protection as required by inspection authority)
- For service entrance above or below ground
- Rated at 90°C wet or dry
- Excellent crush resistance
- Provides long service life
- Cost effective alternative to installations in conduit
- Meets cold bend and impact tests at (-40°C)
Industry compliances: CSA Standard C22.2 No. 131, No.38 and No.2256, RoHS
Flame test compliances: CSA FT4
Hazardous Location, SUN RES (outer jacket) SUN RES on inner jacket and insulated conductor available upon request, Direct Burial
Acid Gas: CSA AG14
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!
ST800: 800amp Service Tester
1. Test Integrity of Secondary Service
2. Identify Secondary Cables
3. Identify Feed In and Feed Out at Padmount
4. Identify Energized and De-Energized Cables