New UtilityTool® US02 Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool
Ripley Tools is proud to introduce the US02 adjustable semi-con removal tool for preparing 5 to 35kV cables with bonded semi-con. The unique blade shape of the US02 preserves the smooth surface on the insulation while quickly and easily removing the bonded semi-con, eliminating the need for any additional deburring or surface finishing. Its optimal stability design securely supports cables with diameters from 0.71” to 2.4” (18mm to 50mm) throughout the shaving operation.
- Compact design accurately removes semi-con within 1.18″ (30 mm) of the jacket on mid-span
& end stripping applications
- Precision blade depth adjusts in increments of 0.004″ (0.1 mm)
- Adjusts for 0.71″ to 2.4″ (18 mm to 60 mm) cable diameters with semi-con thicknesses up to 0.095″ (2.4 mm)
- A revolving ergonomic handle & accessible adjustment knobs reduce effort & potential strain from repetitive shaving functions
- Stop position squares off the edge to complete the shaving operation without the need for an additional clamp
- Factory-set blade is easily replaced
The US02 Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool is being introduced as part of the UtilityTool® brand of products manufactured by Ripley Tools, LLC. UtilityTool® products are designed and manufactured for installers and contractors in the Electric Utility, Distribution, and Transmission industries.
Ripley Tools, www.ripley-tools.com.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!