High Voltage Megmeter®
DC Hipot Tester, Vacuum Interrupter, Insulation Leakage Current Meter and HV Resistance Measurement
Ross Engineering Corporation’s High Voltage Megmeter® series are unique battery powered DC hipot tester and meter. Models are available for withstand testing of insulation up to 50kV DC, as well as measuring leakage current as low as 0.001 microamp and resistance as high as 30 million megohms when testing underground cable, rubber safety gloves, vacuum interrupters, high voltage devices and all types of electrical insulation. All models have an over current trip feature to minimize arcing damage. Completely portable with rechargeable 12V battery which can be recharged from an automobile or 115V, 230V AC.
High Voltage Megmeter® Series:
- Portable model VMT15: 0-2kV, 0-10kV, 0-15kV DC, 0.001-260, 1000 or 2000 microamps. Model VMT42: 0-2kV, 0-15kV, 0-42kV DC, 0.001-100, 375 or 750 microamps. Model VMT50: 0-50kV, 1200 microamps. All models have programmable over current trip limit to minimize arcing damage.
- Can double output current for short time.
- 12 Volt Battery powered for isolated field use.
- Can be used as a HV low current power supply and a hipot tester.
- Can measure leakage current in HV cables and any HV insulation or HV device.
- Is used to test insulation for voltage hold off.
- Can test up to 10,000ft of HV cable.
- Can measure megohms of dielectric leakage resistance.
- (kV x 1,000,000) / uA = megohms insulation or HV Resistor resistance.
- For high voltage powerclass as well as electronic class use. Options available include: 20 to 300 megohm HV current limiting resistive probe, and HV underground cable plug adapter for safe use up to 25kV or 50kV RMS if HV probe tip accidentally contacts HV energized line. Compatible with Ross Hi-Z® Powerclass™ Voltmeter Kit.
- Includes 6ft HV output cable, 115V AC charger, and optional adapter to allow operation and recharge from 12V DC vehicle battery in the field.
- Available as an accessory with VM25, VM50 and VM100 Hi-Z® Powerclass™ Voltmeters which provide HV Safety Probes for up to 100kV RMS.
Specifications are for reference only and are subject to change.
Contact Ross Engineering Corp. for current information.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!