PCC makes replacements for virtually any bucket ever made. PCC’s buckets are clearly the highest quality buckets available for bucket trucks.
- Lead Time – Most common buckets are in stock and ship on the same or next day.
- Bucket Design – There are many variations of buckets by each manufacturer. The best way to ensure that your new bucket is produced properly is to complete our Aerial Manlift Bucket Selection Worksheet.
- Raw materials – All PCC buckets are made with bi-directional strand fiberglass which provides excellent structural strength. Most other buckets today are made with either continuous strand mat or chopped fiberglass, which are not as strong.
- Process – PCC buckets are made by hand lay-up. This process makes stronger buckets than the RTM or spray up processes, which other bucket manufacturers use.
- Boom mounting inserts and fiberglass mounting ribs are molded in to the bucket laminate – not bonded on as are some OEM and competitors’ buckets.
- In some cases, PCC uses steel rather than fiberglass for mounting ribs. The steel rib buckets are dieletrically sound (the steel is imbedded in the fiberglass wall and does not protrude through the bucket wall to the inside of the bucket) and are stronger than fiberglass.
- Bucket Surface – Almost all of PCC’s buckets are made in female molds which produce a smooth exterior. Many lower cost competitor buckets are made on male molds which result in a coarse exterior.
- Holes in mounting ribs – We prefer that the customer drill the mounting holes in ribs to make sure that they properly fit the mounting bracket. We will drill such holes if the customer prefers and provides dimensions.
- Reference – Each bucket is permanently serialized.
- Testing – Every closed bucket is dielectrically tested. No other company does this. More than anything else, this test proves the overall quality and safety of a bucket.
- PCC’s buckets are made in the USA . Our major aftermarket competitor buckets are “Made in China .”
Standard Buckets Include:
- Mounting for controls and mounting angles for control guards and sheave guards
- Step(s) 4″ x 14″. One outside step on 24″ x 24″ buckets. Two outside steps on 24″ x 30″ and 24″ x 48″ buckets.
- Safety chain on walk-thru and crawl-thru buckets
- Crawl-thru bucket is the same price as a bucket with step
- Smooth outside finish unless identified as “male mold” bucket
- No packaging charge for non-shipped buckets: packaging charge of $15 for buckets to be shipped by Common Carrier
What you may need to tell us (in many cases, we will know):
(For identifying a side of a bucket, assume that you are standing in the bucket with your back to the side that mounts to the boom: you will tell us ‘”left side”, “right side”, “front” or “mount side”)
- Which side the step is on
- The number of steps
- Whether the step(s) is an “outside only” step or an “inside/outside” step
- Whether the controls are mounted direct to the bucket. If so:
- Which side they are on
- Their design. e.g. “four 3/8″ studs. 2″ apart vertically and 8″ apart horizontally, 8″ below the lip, centered.”
Other Bucket Makes and Sizes Available
Plastic Composites Co.